Friday, May 04, 2007

Kenny Mayne Makes an Excellent Point

When I heard about the Yum Brands bonus of $1 million for any horse that can win by more than 6.5 lengths - I didn't think about the possible ramifications of that incentive. Kenny Mayne did - and he in no uncertain terms says the bonus is a bad idea.

I agree with Mayne 100%.

I also have to admit that I'd never heard of Yum Brands before this "Barbaro bonus". Here's who they are:
Yum Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Ky., is the world's largest restaurant company in terms of system restaurants with over 34,000 restaurants in over 100 countries. Four of our restaurant brands - KFC, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - are the global leaders of the chicken, quick-service seafood, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. A&W Restaurants is the longest running quick-service franchise chain in America. In 2006, Yum Brands generated more than $9.5 billion in total revenues, including company sales and franchise fees.
If I see a jockey whipping a horse trying to win this bonus - I'll be damned if I ever go near a Yum brand "restaurant" again in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment