Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Top 5 - Favorite Places to Eat in Worcester

Big Stupid Tommy "tagged" me with the meme of the five favorite places to eat in your area. My area is Worcester, Mass and here are my five favorite places to eat.

1. The Sole Proprietor - by far the best seafood in Central Mass
2. The Boyton - they have a full menu and what I consider the best pizza in Central Mass (the folks at the Wonderbar on Shrewsbury St may beg to differ). You can usually find me at the Boyton on Sunday afternoons in the fall, making my NFL picks and watching the 1:00 game. The Boyton also happens to be across the street from the Sole - both places are on Highland Street.
3. Bushel and Peck - they have the best selection and quality of sandwich in Central Mass. Locations both in Tatnuck Square and at the Summit in Worcester. Regatta Deli on Lake Ave is probably second best for deli sandwiches.
4. Sakura Tokyo - I love watching the guy cook in front of me. Its been a family favorite for years. The best "Chinese" food probably goes to Nancy Chang's on Chandler Street
5. Vincent's - a very, very limited menu but I love their meatball and sausage sandwiches. This is a list of my favorite places to eat.

Maybe the best restaurant in Central Mass is The Chop House on Shrewsbury Street but I find the clientele stuffy and pretentious and the food overpriced. Some honorable mention places include Le Mirage on June Street for lunch; La Scala's on Shrewsbury Street for Italian food; Block 5 near Kelley Square and the Flying Rhino - also on Shrewsbury Street - for various dinner fare. For the best bang for the buck you have Bennie's at the Summit and Mac's Diner on Shrewsbury Street (Mac's also happens to be a BYOB joint).

I'm not going to "tag" anyone but if you want to list your five favorite places to eat - I will link to your blog entry.

Bon appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment