Friday, June 15, 2007

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

For the most part - I only like trade rumors when I'm the one who starts them. This one has Mike Lowell involved in a three-way trade. It'll will never happen - too many holes. My guess is that not only isn't Mike Lowell traded - I'm guessing the Red Sox sign him to an extension (one year deal with an option). When you look at who is available in the farm system or via free agency then you understand why signing Lowell should be a priority for the Red Sox... It has to be said - but why wasn't Byron Houston charged with car jacking?... Its strange that the Red Sox win 10-2 over the Giants even though 8 of their 9 hits came from JD Drew (3 hits) batting first in the order and Dustin Pedroia (5 hits) batting second... Today is Phil Michelson's 37th birthday. I wonder if it being his birthday will affect his play at the US Open at all? Oh that's right - Lefty missed the cut... I just love this. I think its really funny... Today is also Calvin Schiraldi's 45th birthday. Two things I did not realize bout Schiraldi until looking at his Baseball-reference.com page - 1. he came to the Red Sox from the Mets and I think that may help explain his performance in the 1986 World Series and 2. he only made $1.2 million in his entire career. Its hard to hold a grudge against a guy who made 4 times less in his career than what Joel Pineiro will make this year... Is it just me or does this tennis player look like he's enjoying his "icing down" just a little too much?...

No comments:

Post a Comment