Friday, June 29, 2007

Rick Robey

Have you been wondering what Rick Robey has been up to these days? Well - he's selling real estate in the Louisville area.

Robey was a star player at the University of Kentucky and the 3rd overall pick in the 1978 NBA draft. In honor of him being the 3rd pick - here are three random thoughts.

1. I can't hear the name Rick Robey without hearing Bob Cousy say, "Wick Wobey with the webound" in my head.

2. The real estate prices in Louisville look very reasonable in comparison to the price you'd pay for a house in Eastern Massachusetts.

3. I was thinking about Rick Robey because he was involved in the last big trade the Celtics made that netted them a guard who made his name in the league playing for the Sonics. I doubt if Ray Allen will be as successful with the Celtics as Dennis Johnson was but I bet he provides the kind of behind the scenes leadership that DJ brought to the Celtics.

No comments:

Post a Comment