Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Burn Notice

I watched the pilot to the show Burn Notice for the second time last night and I'm hooked. This is a great show. The writing on the pilot is matched only by the acting. Jeffrey Donovan is perfect as Michael Westen and Bruce Campbell is equally great in his supporting role.

The show is a combination of Maverick meets James Bond with the cut-away shots of hot girls in bikini's from Miami Vice tossed in for good measure.

I only mention the show to give you a chance to jump on board at the very beginning. This show and John from Cincinnati are my two summer "must see" shows. JFC is so quirky, though, that I can easily see the show jumping the shark into metaphysical realms. The suspension of belief on JFC is already strong - if they stretch it any further they will lose the audience (including me).

No comments:

Post a Comment