Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Rumsfeld

Today is Donald Rumsfeld's 75th birthday and I wish him all the best. I'm an unabashed Rumsfeld fan. A friend of mine who is a fairly high ranking officer in the Air Force says that people don't understand the sweeping changes Rumsfeld was able to make in the military. The US military today is a much more streamlined and nimble fighting force today than it was before Rumsfeld took the reins as Secretary of Defense for a second time.

Probably my favorite piece of Rumsfeld trivia is the fact that in Washington circles in the 1970's Rumsfeld was viewed as pretty much a ringer when it came to softball. It turns out that Rumsfeld was pretty good at playing political hardball as well.

Here are two links I hope you enjoy.

The first is a look at Rumsfeld that you may have missed.

The second is my "interview" of Rumsfeld that I posted the day after he resigned as Secretary of Defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment