Saturday, July 07, 2007

WSOP Day 1A

Pauly has a post up about day 1A at the World Series of Poker. As always a very interesting read. I probably could have done without the image planted in my mind of Wayne Gretzky getting a blowjob (I know I'll end up having a dream where the Great One is making the "O" face and then suddenly breaks out singing O' Canada). If this doesn't make sense to you - I should mention that Janet Jones Gretzky busted out of the tournament in day 1A.

Pauly mentioning that Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan busted out in Day 1A reminded me of a prop bet they had over at Bodog. Basically it was a "last longest" bet among the former Main Event Champions. I thought Brunson and Chan were bad bets (I forget their odds) because people would be gunning for the right to say they busted out these famous poker players. Besides Brunson and Chan probably would prefer to make money on side cash games than sit through the circus that the Main Event has become. Chris Moneymaker, Jamie Gold and Robert Varkoni are sucker bets. Lightning won't strike twice for those guys. Greg Raymer and Joe Hachem are good bets but my money would have been on Juan Carlos Mortensen (I think he went off at 3-1).

Hey - speaking of Doyle Brunson - what ever happened to those stock manipulation charges in regard to his supposed take-over of the World Poker Tour?

Pauly mentioned Bobby "the Owl" Baldwin in his post. This was a name I was not familiar with but am now fascinated with. I just ordered his book Tales Out of Tulsa but I am more interested in reading his biography (maybe Pauly or Michael Lewis could write it). Those are the types of books I love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment