Monday, September 24, 2007

Red Sox Magic Number - 5

With the Yankees losing this afternoon - the magic number to clinch the AL East can now be counted on one hand.

A couple things about the number 5.

- In Boston the number 5 used to mean Nomar Garciappara. In baseball the third baseman is designated by the number 5 when scoring. If Mike Lowell is not resigned by the Red Sox I wonder if the Red Sox would look to get Nomar back to wear his number 5 while playing the number 5? I hope Lowell comes back but the Nomar possibility would make for an interesting hot stove conversation.

- In Boston Nomar used to be THE number 5 but I think that changed the day Kevin Garnett was traded to the Celtics and he picked the number 5 for his uniform number.

- I'm not sure because I haven't looked it up but I think in the NFL Rex Grossman's QB rating is actually 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment