Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Have you seen those Verizon MVP commercials where a guy keeps up with the scores during a wedding / business meeting / funeral? You do realize that this is just the ESPN cell phone offering repackaged by Verizon right? I was hoping that ESPN was going to lose their shirts on that cell phone deal but if they got Verizon to pick up the ball - that means they will probably get out of the debacle without too much bloodletting. Too bad... I'm not happy that CB Bucknor is umpiring in the Red Sox / Angels series. He has no business at all umpiring in the postseason. Bucknor is the worst umpire in baseball by a wide margin... I'm not upset with Tim Wakefield not being on the Red Sox roster for this series. I'm guessing that Wakefield's back is acting up (I think I heard he had a cortisone shot). I'm more upset that Bartolo Colon won't be on the Angels roster. The Red Sox would have had a buffet of hits off this fat bastard. I have to wonder if Colon's elbow issues are due more to picking up a knife and fork more than it is due to throwing a baseball... 12 years ago today - OJ Simpson was found not-guilty of killing his wife Nicole and Ron Goldman. And no - I cannot remember where I was when I heard the verdict... Happy 53rd birthday to Dennis Eckersley. God does the Eck look good for his age. He still looks like he could pitch. He is by far the best in-studio baseball analyst in the business. The Red Sox won't dare lose on the Eck's birthday - will they?

No comments:

Post a Comment