Monday, October 08, 2007

NFL Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous NFL thoughts and observations.

For a game that ended up 34-17 - there was lots of drama in end of the Patriots / Browns. Let me explain. First let me explain that locally the line on the game was 16.5 points (some places were Patriots minus 17 points). With about a minute left in the game the Patriots were up by 10 points (27-17) but were stopped on a 4th and goal and so it looked like any hope of covering by the Patriots was out the window. Then with less than a minute left in the game - Randal Gay forced a fumble and returned it for a TD to make it 34-17. The drama was not over yet though. The Browns managed to get the ball down to the Patriots 10-yard line but on 4th down they went for a TD instead of kicking a field goal that would have made the final score 34-20 (and made losers out of anyone who bet the Patriots)... If USC loses 3 games this year then I would not be surprised if Pete Carroll takes a long hard look at the San Diego head coaching job... I'd like to thank Texans QB Matt Schaub for that one point he got for me at the QB slot yesterday for one of my fantasy football teams. Yeah - its really tough to get one measly point from the QB position. I could have started Carson Palmer who had a bye week and still been just one point off what Schaub had to offer... It could have been worse - I could have had Matt Hasselbeck who had ZERO fantasy points on his 13-27, 116 yards and 1 interception performance. Or worse I could have had Jon Kitna who had minus 2 points with his ZERO TD 2 INT performance... Has there been a bigger season-long fantasy bust than Larry Johnson though?... The Saints have scored just 51 points this season and I think the whispers about Reggie Bush being vastly over-rated are no longer whispers...

No comments:

Post a Comment