Friday, November 16, 2007

Mid-Morning Links

Here are some links to interesting stuff.

- The taxman is coming after Derek Jeter. Tricky situation - his home is in Tampa but his "apartment" is in NYC. His work is in NYC but half the time he's on the road. Tricky situation. I think if Jeter has good enough accountants and lawyers then he gets out of paying the taxes.

- The Knicks do need an intervention. If this was a family - social services would have came to take the kids long ago.

- Gypped? I've used that word all my life. I've never thought about it as a slur. Sorry but I don't see this as a big deal.

- Throwing stuff against the wall -revisited. I told you that WHDH "report" was all wet:
Wednesday night, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, citing a member of the Cardinals' front office, strongly denied Boston's WHDH, Channel 7, report that the team had interest, and the Boston Herald reported Thursday that the Braves also denied any involvement with [Mike] Lowell.
If a blog had done the same thing WHDH did - everyone would be screaming about how blogs have no reliability or credibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment