Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Team of Free Agents

Just for the heck of it - I was thinking about if I were to create a team made up of still available free agents. Here's what I came up with:

C - Paul Lo Duca
1st - Brad Wilkerson
2nd - Kaz Matsui
SS - David Eckstein
3rd - Mike Lamb
LF - Geoff Jenkins
CF - Aaron Rowand
RF - Kosuke Fukudome
DH - Cliff Floyd

P - Hiroki Kuroda
P - Randy Wolf
P - Freddy Garcia
P - Matt Clement
P - Carlos Silva
CL - Eric Gagne

Call me crazy but I think this team could compete for a playoff spot and come in under $100 million in salary. I left off some players like Andy Pettitte because I don't think he's really a free agent (either Houston, Yankees or retire) and Andruw Jones (not worth the money). I went with some players I'd rather not (Paul Lo Duca and Eric Gagne) because there really wasn't any better options.

I think the lineup would provide pretty decent defense and some pop at the plate. Some of the pitchers are risks because of past injuries (like Wolf and Clement) but I think the potential reward would be worth the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment