Friday, December 21, 2007

Poinsettia Bowl

If you weren't able to stay up last night to watch Utah play Navy in the Poinsettia Bowl - then you missed a heck of a game. Utah won the game 35-32 but the game was still in question until the final 30 seconds. Navy covered the spread (8 points) and put the total over (64 points) by scoring a quick strike 58-yard touchdown pass with just 57-seconds left to play. Navy then successfully executed the onside kick but had their hopes dashed when QB Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada threw an interception.

I admit to being very immature because I kept chuckling at the official name of the game - the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. All I could think of was the San Diego C-Cup Bowl and visions of breasts danced in my head.

At half I was sure that this game would go under the total as just 17 combined points were scored. Unfortunately for me - the two teams combined for 50 points in the second half.

During the second half I couldn't help think that Utah coach Kyle Whittingham would be a good fit for the open West Virginia coaching job. I wouldn't be surprised to see his name connected to that position in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment