Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wow - Just Wow

I'm not usually a fan of Mike Lupica's writing and I can't root for the Giants in the Super Bowl - but this article is something special.
"I told them that of course after all the exteriors had been stripped away, they played the game for themselves. But that they had to play the game for each other. Then I talked about myself, how my old teammates came to my need, and how I was reminded again the power of a team, the emotional commitment teammates have for each other, that when a team finds a way to do things greater than they thought they could do, that they couldn't have done individually, that a bond is formed that can live forever.

"I told them that truly great teams usually form that bond by going through something together, and how whatever they were going through at that point in the season that no success ever came easy. And finally I reminded them that nothing is promised to anybody in this life, starting with tomorrow."
It got a little dusty for me when I read that article.

No comments:

Post a Comment