Sunday, March 23, 2008

Top 5 - Best Basketball Movies

I've meant to do this for a few days now - inspired by this awful list. Anyway - here are what I consider the best all-time 5 movies about basketball.

1. Hoosiers - Gene Hackman was a good motivator but I'm not so sure about his in-game coaching skills.
2. Hoop Dreams - perhaps the best basketball in any basketball movie.
3. Fast Break - Gabe Kaplan was pretty good at hoops but not as good as Bernard King. This movie is usually forgotten when hoops movies are mentioned.
4. Blue Chips - the movie had a premiere in Worcester so it has to be on the list.
5. One on One - I know it's tough buying Robbie Benson as a basketball star but I have a soft spot for this movie.

Love and Basketball is not on the list only because I haven't seen it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment