Saturday, June 28, 2008

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Betting in sports - I found it interesting that John Burkett's page on Wikipedia includes the snippet that he "was known as "Sheets" in the Red Sox clubhouse because of his betting and organizing pools for games in the National Football League." I guess that MLB rule about no gambling is more of a guideline. And if you are wondering why I was checking Burkett's Wiki page - I was just curious if he made the grade as a pro bowler... People talk about Fresno State winning the College World Series as the greatest upset in history. I disagree. I think the Holy Cross men's hockey team knocking off of 5-time champ North Dakota in the 2006 NCAA Hockey Tournament was the greater upset. The Crusaders were the 16th ranked team and North Dakota was considered one of best teams in college hockey and North Dakota was playing at home!... Every once and a while you have to go back to Zombo.com - it's just good for your soul. I smile every time I click that site...

No comments:

Post a Comment