Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Inaugural

I'll admit that I did not watch President Obama's speech. I wasn't caught up in the moment. My wife went over a friends house and a bunch of ladies watched the speech together. My kids got to watch the speech at school. Me? I saw that Bravo had a West Wing marathon on all day and I watched that.

Yup - I watched a fake President instead of watching history unfold. I was fine with that.

I do have two observations though.

1. Every time I went out and turned on the radio in the car it seemed like I heard U2's Beautiful Day. The DJ's seemed to be making a political statement.

2. I had a Bible quote stuck in my head all day. It was 1 Samuel 8:18:
"Then you will cry out in that day because of your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, but the LORD will not answer you in that day."
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't thinking that God is going to punish America because we chose Obama as President. I was applying the quote to the Left Wing Netroots people who I think will be sorely disappointed at Obama who is already moving squarely to the center. There will be gnashing of teeth on the far left during the Obama Presidency.

No comments:

Post a Comment