Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I would love to play Steve Phillips in Fantasy Baseball. I would be willing to bet $1,000 that I would beat him. Against Jim Bowden I'd bet $10,000. I'm amazed that those two were able to land jobs as big league GM's. And while I'm talking about Steve Phillips - he doesn't think that Curt Schilling is a Hall of Fame player because Phillips doesn't give the same weight to Schilling's post-season heroics that others do. Let me ask the obvious - what the hell does Steve Phillips know about the post season?... Interesting read on possible recruiting violations by UConn's men's basketball team. My guess is that we're only seeing one side of the story here and that UConn won't face any serious punishment for any potential violations in this case. Nate Miles, who is at the center of the story, is described as talented but troubled. At some point in your life you start bringing much of the trouble upon yourself. I hope Nate Miles learns that lesson... Gordon Edes makes an excellent point - Curt Schilling now has a better chance of making the Hall of Fame than Roger Clemens. Who could have guessed that three years ago?... Happy 43rd birthday to Tom Glavine...

No comments:

Post a Comment