Friday, May 08, 2009

Steroids

Lots of gnashing of teeth regarding Manny Ramirez's suspension for steroids (please I know it was technically for a masking agent but he was doing steroids). Lots of suggestions about what is to be done to fix the situation in baseball. Let me add my suggestion to the list.

My suggestion is this - Manny Ramirez is suspended for 50 games but the team gets to fill his roster spot with another player. My suggestion is to take away the roster spot of the suspended player for the duration of the suspension. So under my plan the Dodgers would only be able to field 24 players instead of 25 for the duration of Manny's suspension. This would make teams less likely to sign steroid-linked players in the first place (or at least dampen what it would cost to sign them).

No comments:

Post a Comment