Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flotsam and Jetsam - St. Louis Edition

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations from just outside St. Louis.

So I'm just outside St. Louis (on the Missouri side) and to get here I went from Boston to Chicago to St. Louis on my flights. The flight plan for Chicago actually took us up into Canada and then over Lake Michigan. Just as we were getting above the water of Lake Michigan, Gordon Lightfoot's The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald came on my MP3 player. I got worried that this could be a bad omen and I couldn't remember if the song took place on Lake Michigan or Lake Erie. I just remember that it was about the big lake they all called Gitche Gumee. I'm pretty sure the song took place on Lake Erie... I landed in Chicago at O'Hare International. I got a chance to take a picture of Butch O'Hare's plane. I've written about what a hero Butch O'Hare was in the past. I'm surprised that no movie has ever been made about Butch O'Hare's life... I found an interesting blog that I'll be adding to my blogroll when I get a moment - Bulls n Balls - check it out if you have a minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment