Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pick of the Day

I'm bringing back my pick of the day (POTD) which was very successful for those of you who were paying attention back a few months ago. With baseball pretty much the only action going - I'm going to be using the lines from Bodog (you can't beat Bodog) to make my selections.

Tonight I love the Red Sox (OK that comes as no surprise but tonight I like them more than usual). I know that the Nationals are "hot" right now having won 4 out of their last 6 and that they have the equally hot John Lannan (winner of his last 3 starts) taking the mound tonight but all this "hotness" accomplished is to drive down the odds on tonight's game to Red Sox -$129 (meaning you would have to risk $129 to win $100 on the Red Sox). Normally the odds on this game would be about the Red Sox -$170.

The Red Sox have a much better offense and bullpen plus tonight will seem like a home game for Boston with all the members of Red Sox Nation scooping up the cheap tickets in Washington. It's probably cheaper if you thought ahead to fly the shuttle into Reagan National, get a hotel room and scalp some tickets than it would be to take in a game at Fenway.

I haven't even mentioned Brad Penny who has been hot himself of late. He's gone at least 6 innings in 6 of his last 9 starts (never going less than 5 innings) and has allowed 3 or fewer runs in 7 of those 9 starts.

You may not see a value bet like the Red Sox -$129 against the Nationals again this season so take the Red Sox. They are my pick of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment