Friday, July 09, 2010

Burgers

So there is a new 5-Guys franchise in Worcester. I have heard so much about 5-Guys and seen how many people debate whether 5-Guys or In and Out Burger deserves the title as best burger joint in the US. I went there on Saturday with my wife and youngest daughter.

All three of us had a burger with different toppings. We were impressed with the topping options and my wife really liked their French fries. You could actually taste the potato was her observation (meaning many other people's fries are more grease than potato). The burgers were very good but there was no "Oh my God! What a great burger" epiphany for any of us.

I'll go as far to say that it was a good burger but the best burgers in Worcester are at either Breen's Cafe or Bennie's. Either place has it all over 5-Guys in both quality and value. At Breen's you can get a bacon cheeseburger Friendly's style (meaning served on grilled toast) with two Bud Lights for less than $10. I really can't see a 5-Guys or In and Out topping that.

As luck would have it on Sunday - me, my wife, my youngest daughter and my son went to a Steak and Shake in Florida. I explained to them before going in that Steak and Shake is like the Friendly's of the South. Everyone liked the Steak and Shake experience. My wife and daughter liked it much better than 5-Guys. We liked it so much that we went back to the same Steak and Shake yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment