Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I did not know that Jared Harris (Lane Pryce on Mad Men) was the son of Richard Harris who I guess never clubbed his son over the head with a cane. Jared Harris has been tabbed to play Moriarty in the next Sherlock Holmes movie... The word “alamo” is Spanish for the cottonwood tree. "Remember the cottonwood" just doesn't have the same ring as a rallying cry though... Hard to believe Manny Ramirez will be Type A free agent while David Ortiz and his 32 HR / 101+ RBI will be Type B. Not that it will make a difference since I'm sure the Red Sox will pick up Ortiz' option for 2011... True Grit trailer - I can't wait... JD Drew has a limited no-trade clause to 2 teams. I'm assuming the Phillies are one but I wonder who the 2nd team would be? The Cardinals maybe?... Very interesting - Hells Angels photos from unpublished LIFE story in 1965. Be sure to read the captions. Interesting stuff... I did not know this - the federal government owns approximately 85% of the land in Nevada, 69% of Alaska, 57% of Utah and 53% of Oregon... If I believed in conspiracy theories I would suggest that San Francisco is tanking their season on purpose to get Stanford QB Andrew Luck in the draft so that 49er fans can forget that their team took Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers in the 2005 NFL draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment