Sunday, September 12, 2010

NFL Picks

Oakland will be better this year - mainly because they no longer pretend that Jamarcus Russell is an NFL quarterback - and they have an uncanny ability to lose but still cover the spread BUT today the Titans will run all over them. Chris Johnson may get 250 yards rushing. Pick Tennessee -6

Ndamukong Suh, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Cliff Avril should pressure Jay Cutler all day and Jay Cutler does not handle pressure well. If Cutler was a baseball player he would have been Heathcliff Slocumb (so I guess that makes Kyle Orton Derick Lowe and Tim Tebow as Jason Varitek). Pick Detroit +6.5 (buy half a point if you can)

Carolina beat the Giants 41-9 in week 16 last year. Has either team changed that much? Pick Panthers +6.5

I think Cleveland will be much improved this season while Tampa Bay will still be coached by Raheem Morris. Pick Browns +3

Miami is currently a 3 point favorite over the Bills. I know that it seems the Dolphins always have trouble playing in Buffalo but I'd grab this one before the line goes up to 3.5 or 4. Pick Dolphins -3

I can't pick against the Pats and bettors still love Brady in Belichick so much that you always get an extra point or so tacked on the line. Even so - in Brady we trust. Pick New England -5

Big Matt Ryan fan and even though I fear Pittsburgh's defense - I think the Falcons win this one. One a side note I really hope we hear "She said NO!" chants when Rapelesberger returns. Pick Atlanta -1

Dallas always seems to court drama and losing the opener would seem to be the drama that would not be unexpected. So I should pick Washington. But the road team is 4-0 ATS in the last 4 games between these rivals. So I should pick Dallas. But the Cowboys were just 1-2 against teams who run 3-4 defenses last season and Mike Shannahan has put in the 3-4 for the Redskins. So I should pick Washington. But Donovan McNabb couldn't beat Dallas when he was surrounded by more talent last season so why would I expect things to be different today? Pick Dallas -3

Pick Green Bay -3

Pick 49ers -3

No comments:

Post a Comment