Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!!... I don't know why I thought of this but is part of I-70 in St. Louis still designated as the Mark McGwire Highway or did people come to their senses? I'm curious about that... Heh heh - all your base... Now that San Francisco has re-signed Aubrey Huff - it will be interesting to see what happens with Giants uber prospect Brandon Belt who has posted better minor league numbers than Buster Posey. I could easily see Belt being a mid-season callup and the Giants moving Huff to the outfield or maybe even 3rd if Kung Fu Panda continues his struggles... Daniel Radcliffe is Harry Potter... I did not see signing Victor Martinez or Adrian Beltre as the main priority for Boston this offseason. I think the Red Sox main priority this offseason should be signing Clay Buchholz to a longterm deal. Yes he has a few more arbitration years available but if he puts up one more season like 2009 (which I think he will) then it will be better for the team longterm to wrap him up now... "It is proposed that happiness be classified as a psychiatric disorder: Major affective disorder, pleasant type"... Just for the heck of it - I did a three-team 10-point tease on the three NFL games today. Just seemed right and now I won't have to worry about doing anything else all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment