Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Joe Posnanski explains his Hall of Fame choices better than any writer today... Tom Brady got voted in but is not playing in the Pro Bowl. Take that to the bank. He'll either be in Super Bowl or chilling with Giselle having begged off the game with some sort of injury. My guess is Super Bowl... How great would this be for a summer home? Not sure if I'd want to live there year around but that home is wicked cool... Of the 21 players with 300 saves only 3 are lefties - John Franco, Billy Wagner and Randy Myers. I can't think of a major lefty closer playing today. Why is that? Is it because good lefties are always made into starters?... Every time I go skiing I think about this happening. I'm surprised more people weren't hurt... I've made this point before but if in his prime the Yankees offered a Don Mattingly for Wade Boggs swap - the Red Sox make that trade 7 days a week. If it was reversed - if the Red Sox offered Boggs the Yankees turn the trade down 7 days a week.... How Does an Etch A Sketch Work? Etch A Sketch is one of the few toys generations have used and is still cool today... FWIW - Todd Helton's career road OPS is higher (.873 to .857) than George Brett's overall career OPS

No comments:

Post a Comment