Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The Yankees have to give CC Sabathia an extension or redo his 7-year $152 million contract. There are no aces available in the 2012 free agent class and CC would make a fortune. I am amused by the situation because it seems like the perfect storm of controversy and unmet expectations is brewing for New York this season... Am I a heretic for wanting to own this painting? I also have to note that a Christian can look at that an laugh while if it was Mohammed and not Christ - a fatwah would be issued for the artist's death... The things you learn on the Internet (via Mental Floss): "Replacement players used during the 1987 NFL strike included current Saints coach Sean Payton, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel, and Suge Knight"... I am trying to think of a more despicable athlete from my lifetime than Art Schlichter and I can only think of Rae Carruth and OJ. Schlichter was just charged with felony for allegedly ripping off Columbus widow for more than $1 million... The Patriots will be retiring Drew Bledsoe's #11 in 2011 - kind of symmetrical if you think about it. Bledsoe is also eligible for the Football Hall of Fame starting this year. I think he deserves to be voted in... As a pretty much hard and fast rule - real men should wear neither Capri pants nor yoga pants. So let it be written, so let it be done... Congratulations to Bill Russell who is getting the Presidential Medal of Freedom today. It still bugs me that there is no statue to Russell in Boston...

No comments:

Post a Comment