Sunday, May 29, 2011

Game of Thrones


I have become a big fan of the HBO series Game of Thrones. After watching the second episode I decided I was interested enough to read the books. I got the first book for my Kindle and I was hooked.

I plowed through all four books in the series and even went to Barnes and Noble to see if they had the fifth book A Dance with Dragons but was told that the book won't be released until July 12th.

Maybe the best way to describe the book series is to imagine The Lord of the Rings if it was written by Ann Rice. That analogy is meant to include the best parts like the imagination of JRR Tolkien and the bad parts - like Ann Rice never actually finishing a book but setting up the next book in the series instead. If you like the HBO series - then you may want to give the books a shot. Just be warned that George R.R. Martin is big on plot twists and turns. Don't become emotionally invested in any one character because in Martin's storytelling no character is safe.

I'll be waiting for July 12th and the fifth book but until then I'm going to read the first four one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment