Friday, September 16, 2011

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The Bruins start their preseason schedule in five days and the Patriots look like real Super Bowl contenders. Stories of "panic in Boston" over the Red Sox are way over-blown. Seriously - stop listening to people like Dan Shaughnessy... I had Joe Mauer as a keeper in one of my fantasy baseball leagues this year. He really brought back memories of me taking Dante Culpepper with my first pick in the 2005 fantasy football draft... Dan LeBatard is Highly Questionable really started to grow on me during the week. I hope ESPN keeps it on the schedule... Who knew? The official state beverage of Indiana is water. That does make a certain amount of sense... I saw someone make this point on the Internet and it has really got me thinking. If you replaced the name "Solyndra" with the name "Halliburton" do you think the media's coverage would be different? We would have had about a dozen prime time specials about it by now... Who knew II? Humans have about 650 muscles while caterpillars have about 4,000. So if you called a really muscular person a human caterpillar do you think they will take it as a compliment?

No comments:

Post a Comment