Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Legal Outlook for Full Tilt Poker and a Simple Solution


If I was in charge I'd put a very simple and straight-forward plan in place regarding Internet Poker. I would charge the Internet poker gaming companies 2% on every dollar deposited by check, credit card or wire transfer for players in the US. I would also require the Internet poker gaming companies to issue a 1099 for every "cash-out" to American players no matter how small. The player would have to claim that money as income and pay the normal taxes on it. That's pretty much it.

I would take off the books all other federal laws regarding poker and leave it to the states to decide how they want to handle public and private poker games within their borders.

Is it really that hard to figure this out?

No comments:

Post a Comment