Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thank You Bruins

A friend recently asked me what I expected from the Boston Bruins in the playoffs. I responded that however far they went this year would be fine with me because after last year's magical championship - us fans are on a free roll as far as I'm concerned.

So they lost last night. So what. I cannot recall a game this year when the team did not give maximum effort. If in the series a couple of bounces went the right way - if some of the posts hit were goals instead - the Bruins would still be playing. But they are not. So what.

This is a team to be proud of. This is a team that made hockey fun for me again - and for that I thank them.

When the Bruins traded Joe Thornton - that was the last straw for me. I was done with the Bruins and with that emotional breakup - my interest in hockey waned. Last year's Bruins team brought back my passion for the team. And for that I thank them.

As soon as the OT goal went into the net - I turned the channel. I didn't want to see it again. I didn't want to watch despondent locker room interviews. And today I've avoided sports talk radio. I don't need to hear knuckleheads talking about blowing up this team. I don't have time to listen it ignorant ingrates.

I just wanted to say, "Thank you Bruins. See you next year."