Friday, June 29, 2012

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations. I'm conflicted about the Celtics two first round draft picks. I think both Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo are great value picks and even if only one guy pans out then the draft was a success. I'm conflicted because I knew who both players were going in and these days that's normally not a good sign... The show Louie was back last night but I missed it because the Red Sox were playing on the West Coast. Anyway - here's 50 cool pieces of Louis CK fan art (although some of these don't even look like him)... I was thinking that a good comparison for Sullinger was a slightly taller Ryan Gomes. I really hope Sullinger can stay healthy (note to Celtics - keep him away from any Red Sox medical staff)... Heh heh - Dora the Explorer the Movie... Last night Saint Bonaventure had a player taken in the first round of the NBA draft. I fully expect a 5,000 word screed from Bill Simmons about why can't Holy Cross produce NBA draft picks sometime today... Physics questions and the Avengers. I would seriously watch a show on the Science Channel that had physics professors answering these questions... Elizabeth Hurley was supposedly the original choice to play Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter movies. Hurley was (IMHO) at one point the hottest woman in the world... I love reading stories about Romney Superfan Jim Wilson. I would love to see regular guy Wilson debate Obama political operative David Axelrod...