Friday, February 21, 2014

NHL Mount Rushmore

I know the "Mount Rushmore of" whatever memes are tiresome in general but I have to admit the NHL Mount Rushmore has gotten me thinking. The first three are no-brainers - Wayne Greztky, Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr. But who would be the Teddy Roosevelt of the NHL Mount Rushmore?

Would it be Mario Lemieux? What about having a goalie on the list? Martin Brodeur is the all-time NHL wins leader as a goalie. Brodeur also has one more Stanley Cup as a player than Super Mario. But if its Stanley Cups you want - how about Maurice Rocket Richard who had 8 with the Canadiens and was the first player to have 500 goals. Personally I would like to see Cam Neely but I'm a parochial Boston Bruins fans.

Who should be that forth person on the NHL Mount Rushmore?

2 comments:

  1. If we're talking the greatest of all, then Maurice Richard has to be the fourth. Problem was he played most of his career in the 40' and 50's and he isn't as contemporary as the other three. This from another parochial Bruins fan. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:25 PM

    yah, I love Cam the Man too, but the Rocket first. and I would put sawchuk before Brodeur, altho Brodeur before Roy.

    Fun bar argument topic tho

    Rick

    ReplyDelete