Monday, February 03, 2014

Super Bowl Hangover

Some leftover Super Bowl thoughts.

- The Seahawks were just dominant. As a Patriots fan I concede that this year's Pats team wouldn't have stood a chance against Seattle so there's the consolation of thinking it was much better to lose in the AFC Championship than to get beat in the Super Bowl.

- What's worse to hear - a poker bad beat story or a Super Bowl square "what if" story? If Denver failed on its 2-point conversion at the end of the 3rd quarter I would have won $2,000 in one of my pools.

- How scary looking was the guy the NFL had bring out the Lombardi Trophy? I expected his entrance to be accompanied by the Undertaker's WWE music.

- The Broncos are now 0-4 in Super Bowls where they wear orange jerseys. Patient "Doc it hurts when I do this". Doctor "Well don't do that." Denver stop wearing orange jerseys in the Super Bowl. Problem solved.

- Some good commercials last night but my all-time favorite Super Bowl commercial still remains the Budweiser Upside-down Clown.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:26 AM

    I thought the exact same thing about the creepy trophy guy and the Undertaker theme. I so wanna see mash up of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be funny if some reporter asked Goodell, "Mr Commissioner - the person in charge of the Lombardi Trophy - how many men has he killed?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:32 AM

    Someone said the dude carrying the trophy looked like a designated corpse. I mean his eyes do look clouded over.

    ReplyDelete