Saturday, June 21, 2014

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The David Ortiz controversy with the official scorer at Fenway Park reminded me of the story of when Jim Rice was the team's hitting coach and he called the scorer to get an error changed to a hit for one of the guys. The scorer changed it immediately and Rice asked him if he wanted to know Rice's argument for the change. The scorer said no because when Rice was playing he never once complained about the scorer's decisions and if he thought enough to call about this one then Rice must be right... Cool - Joe DiMaggio once had to wear a Red Sox road uniform when his Yankees road uniform showed up late at Fenway Park... Idea for a movie - Zombie Inventory Takers. The undead converge on a popular mall to take inventory... I would love to see these changes made to the IRS... I'm not ashamed to say that I miss Zima. Especially Orange Zima. I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to admit this... Vegetarian Water. Seriously...  If there were a DVD of just the David Letterman Top 10 Lists over the years - I'd buy that DVD in a heartbeat... Holy crap - the ferocious bug that that sucks prey dry and wears their corpses...

No comments:

Post a Comment