Here is my Top 5 list of famous people who started off as accountants.
1. Bob Newhart - started out in accounting. This isn't really surprising. Bob is a favorite of mine.
2. Peter Falk - before he was an actor he was a CPA - who knew?
3. John Grisham - I think most people knew that the famous novelist was a lawyer but did you know he received his undergraduate degree in accounting from Mississippi State University?
4. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell - he graduated from Cal Poly University-San Luis Opispo with a degree in business and accounting. It would be kinda cool to bring a UFC champ to an IRS audit.
5. (Tie) Kevin Kennedy - the former MLB Manager was a CPA. Supposedly in the minor leagues he did his players’ tax returns to make extra money. He's the only guy on the list who was probably better as an accountant than in the profession he's best known for. (Tie) Gibby Haynes - lead singer of The Butthole Surfers. He went to Trinity University and earned his degree in accounting. After graduating he worked for over a year at an accounting firm before starting the band. Pepper is one of my favorite songs.