Thursday, September 20, 2018

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Pretty good list of Gangster movies - though I'd say both American Gangster and True Romance belong on the list. Honorable mention to Road to Perdition and though I haven't seen Sexy Beast I did enjoy another under-the-radar Ben Kingsley gangster movie You Kill Me

- Interesting - perhaps a reason to take any Wall Street insiders complaints about China tariffs with a huuuge grain of salt.

- 12 things that Lee Kuan Yew taught me about the world. Very instructive thoughts from the "Warren Buffet of Singapore" via the Farnam Street blog

- Air Force Secretary lays road map to new Space Force

- US credit card fraud down by 75% because of EMV chips. Good! Make sure all of your cards have a chip.

- This is why I won't be buying Ian O'Connor's new book on Bill Belichick. If you want Belichick's story read David Halberstam's Education of a Coach

- So you're saying those 6-foot long CVS receipts gave me diabetes? Knew it!

2 comments:

  1. I loved You Kill Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought it was very underrated and fun. I'd watch it every chance I got.

    ReplyDelete