Sunday, May 05, 2019

Kentucky Derby Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous Kentucky Derby related thoughts and observations.

The New England Patriots were once again well represented at the Kentucky Derby with both the Hall of Fame coach and QB looking spiffy... Richard Nixon remains the only sitting US President to attend the run for the roses. He's alo the only President to meet both Elvis and Robocop... How funny would it be if instead of elaborate hats women (and Johnny Weir) had to wear elaborate fake beards? My mind works differently than most... As far as my bets I did not have either the winner Country House (or the DQ'd winner Maximum Security) in my five-horse trifecta box but I made money on the day because I loaded up on Code of Honor to show. I figured with a sloppy track the experience of jockey Johnny Valazquez  would make a big difference and that Johnny V would find a way to get his horse into the money. I was right.

2 comments:

  1. Any thoughts on the DQ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good friend who is a real horse guy and he called it right away. My initial thought was that the stewards were looking at something further down the line. I was really surprised with the DQ.

    That said - I'm betting Maximum Security across the board at the Preakness for sure.

    ReplyDelete