Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Bourdain Day

I was unaware that today is Bourdain Day. Today would have been Anthony Bourdain's 63rd birthday but his time on this earth was cut short by his own hand.

Perhaps my favorite Bourdain quote:

"I should have died in my 20's. I became successful in my 40's. I became a dad in my 50's. I feel like I've stolen a car - a really nice car - and I keep looking in the rearview mirror for flashing lights. But there's been nothing yet."

If you want to reminisce about Anthony here is a pretty good interview from 2016.

Or this appreciation of Bourdain by Alan Sepinwall.

Or this one by Stephen "Vodkapundit" Green.

If you feel like drinking here's a list from 2015 of every bar Bourdain visited on TV.

As for me I think I'll put No Reservations episodes on in the background while I work and later I'll raise a glass to Uncle Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment