Sunday, July 28, 2019

Top 5 List - Last Books I Purchased

Yesterday I mentioned I just bought Peter Thiel's Zero to One. Just for kicks here's the last five books I purchased;

1. Zero to One by Peter Thiel

2. Rogues - a short story anthology by writers including Neil Gaiman, Patrick Rothfuss and Scott Lynch (bought it specifically for the Patrick Rothfuss short story).

3. The Magic Christian by Terry Southern

4. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. Almost finished with this one and its fantastic.

5. Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker PhD. Excellent book that unravels some of the mysteries of sleep. I've made it a priority to get a good night of sleep since reading this

I also bought Phil Steele's 2019 College Football Preview but I don't count that as its a magazine. And I bought The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss but I'm not counting this as I bought the book as a gift.

These are the books I've bought since June 10th. I expect next month will be more history or life skills oriented with fewer (if any) fantasy books.

3 comments:

  1. Last five books I bought:
    The Cross-Time Engineer, Leo Frankowski
    No Way In, Richard Fernandez
    Red Cavalry, Isaac Babel
    The Eastern Front 1914-1917, Norman Stone
    The Republic of Thieves, Scott Lynch
    Currently reading Norman Stone, excellent book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely buying The Republic of Thieves at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am eagerly awaiting the Thorn of Emberlain.

    ReplyDelete