Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.
- The Earth's magnetic field is reversing. Science has no idea what effect this will have on our climate.
- The trade war hits China where it hurts. "The tariffs are working. Big tech companies are taking their manufacturing out of China; retailers are pulling out as well." I imagine if China takes a violent hard line dealing with Hong Kong that many more companies will look to do business elsewhere. You may also start hearing those "Free Tibet" protests once again.
- And speaking of manufacturers exiting China.
- Interesting look at the man who is tasked with trying to save Barnes & Nobles. Hat tip to A Layman's Blog (one of my daily reads)
- Interesting reflections on a pilgrimage to Ian Fleming's grave.
- Great point on the Nobel Prize for Literature
- Io's volcanic tides. As an aside Volcanic Tides would be a good name for a band.