Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Airship Advertising

This article argues that airships may be poised to make a comeback. The main reason they suggest a resurgence is cargo transport which could have a much lower environmental impact than traditional cargo ships (as an aside - why not nuclear powered cargo ships?).

Last time I thought about airships was 2-years ago when the Airlander 10 - aka the Flying Bum - crashed.

I used to think about airships alot because I thought they represented a great potential advertising business. I mean everyone stops to look at the Goodyear blimp right? Why not sell the space on the sides of the airship as billboards in the sky? Just fly the ship up and down the Mass Pike during rush hours and let the money roll in. 

You could also sell rides and maybe a nice brunch or early dinner.

If you want to take this idea and run with it - aloha (just kick me back a piece).

No comments:

Post a Comment