Sunday, November 24, 2019

Tesla Cybertruck

I have to admit that when I first saw the new Cybertruck my mind recalled the unveiling of the Segway. That too was a "revolution in transportation" that utilized superior technology.

You don't see many people still riding Segway's these days.

I know that I'm probably wrong and that my initial disappointment probably stems from expecting a pickup truck from Tesla that looked like this.

It would be no surprise whatsoever if within 3-years the Cybertruck is the best selling pickup in the USA. Especially given the sheer numerical superiority of the Cybertruck over the competition. Or as Elon Musk puts it, "Better truck than an F-150, faster than a Porche 911." You can put your order in for a Cybertruck with just a $100 deposit.

There's been some poking fun at the Cybertruck and I certainly did not expect its unveiling to make me think of the Segway but I think the truck will be a roaring success.

And let's not forget that Elon Musk also unveiled an all-electric ATV at the end of the event. An ATV that couples nicely with the new Cybertruck.

No comments:

Post a Comment