Saturday, April 11, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I think the NFL should go ahead and publish next season's schedule. Any team that cannot host a game because its State or City is still under lockdown would simply forfeit that game... I haven't watched Tiger King (and have no plans to) but my mind made a connection of that show to the awful 1982 movie Cat People. So now every time I read something or hear someone talking about Tiger King the David Bowie song Cat People (Putting Out the Fire) starts playing in my head (not a bad song)... "Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you sit down quietly, may alight upon you." - Nathaniel Hawthorne... Thursday April 16th is National High Five Day in the US. Pretty sure that this won't be celebrated too much this year... Never really been a wine drinker but I think I might start some in-house wine testing starting next week... Joe Biden's campaign slogan should be, "Joe Biden: Don't Worry He's Only a Little Bit Off"... 

No comments:

Post a Comment