Thursday, April 02, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I have a solar reflex which means sometimes when I go outside just seeing the sun makes me sneeze. Used to be I'd sneeze (into my handkerchief or arm) and people would say "Gesundheit" or "God bless you" but now they look at me like I'm wearing a Hitler mustache instead... The George Carlin Germ Theory: Because now more than ever... Sometime the cliche "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters it's the size of the fight in the dog" does not apply. This would be one of those times... Remember those Chatty Cathy dolls that had a string you'd pull and they would speak. Or Woody from Toy Story? For a long time I've thought it would be cool to have a Rodney Dangerfield or Mitch Hedberg doll where you'd pull the string and get a one-liner joke from the doll. Would make a great gift or party conversations starter... When the worst is behind us I would fully support President Trump signing a free trade agreement with Taiwan. It would be mostly symbolic as there are very few trade barriers between our two countries but the message would be loud and clear. National Review recently had an article about this but as strong as the column started off it eventually veered off to complaints of Trump pulling out of the TPP and other Never Trump nitpicking...

No comments:

Post a Comment