Sunday, April 05, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I have to wonder how many people receiving that $1,200 from the Government will use some or all of that money to buy a gun? And how many of those people will be first time gun owners?... Had never heard of Bookshop before. Going to try and shift my book-buying over there. Independent bookstores are some of my favorite places... Are we still replacing Andrew Jackson on the $20 with Harriet Tubman? What's taking so long?... Interesting picture and message. Are you carrying a jackass in your life?... Opening Day in baseball used to be a really big thing for me. Pretty much a holiday that I'd take off (whether my bosses knew or not) to watch the game. This year Opening Day was cancelled and it passed pretty much without much notice. Going forward I don't think I'll ever feel the same towards Opening Day. Not quite just another day - but not too far off... From the Daily Stoic - Things Seneca tried to do daily...

2 comments:

  1. Which Party is represented by the Donkey again? Yes, there are jackasses a plenty in my life. Fortunately, most of them are located in and around DC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking that maybe it's time to fully decentralize DC to maybe help stop the spread of jackassery. There's no reason the Dept of Agriculture can't be in Nebraska or the Dept of Energy in Texas for examples.

    I imagine a Dept of Energy in Houston would have more people who actually know the oil/natural gas/nuclear sectors and fewer idiots than having it in DC.

    ReplyDelete