Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Army Ranger School is a laboratory of human endurance. Long read but well worth it. This aside jumped out at me, "'That's why I carry a gun. The average human is only three missed meals away from becoming a savage.'"

- Apple likely planning 2020 iPhone SE assembly in Brazil. But if it is still being assembled by Foxconn it is really decoupling?

- The Short, Violent Oil War of 2020.  Article is just a week old and may already be in need of an update. Just as an aside I think the US, Mexico and Canada should ban any imports of oil or natural gas as a way to insulate our economies from such future gamesmanship.

- Nixon Opened China. It's Time to Close It. Won't quibble over the historical reasons Nixon opened China but I do agree with this statement 100%, "It took decades to truly open China and it will take years to close them back off. But we should start now."

- Richard Branson's heart seems to be in the right place. (And the cynic in me acknowledges that Branson's PR instincts have always been strong.)

- "Cartels are scrambling:" Virus snarls global drug trade. Even the drug kingpins are looking to decouple from China.

No comments:

Post a Comment