Thursday, July 02, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The last time an Ivy League student won the Heisman Trophy was Princeton's Dick Kazmaier in 1951. Maybe sometime in the future we'll have a trivia question about the last time an Ivy Leaguer was elected President... This was cute... I have a good feeling that this year may finally be the year that People Magazine names me "Sexiest Man Alive." I've got my fingers crossed... It would be funny if it weren't so true... On a recent Joe Rogan podcast with Jocko Willink the suggestion was raised that police should all be at least purple belts in Jiu Jitsu. That way they would know proper choke holds and have the experience of being choked out themselves (so they know how it feels). I really like this idea. I believe Joe gave original credit for the idea to Andrew Yang...  This is hopeful - URI engineering professor helping ALS patients use their brains to communicate. Nice to read some good news for a change - isn't it? And Doug Sawyer should be an inspiration for us all. (Hat tip Liberty Man)...

No comments:

Post a Comment