Saturday, July 11, 2020

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Fascinating thread about the possible inspiration for Lord of the Rings

- Matt Taibbi - If it's not "Cancel Culture," what kind of culture is it?

- Interesting data. My take-away is that overall deaths are back to where they were pre-Wuhan Virus,

- Nassim Nicholas Taleb - Lebanon: from Ponzi to Antifragility

- Robert DeNiro says the coronavirus decimated his finances. And just like that Rocky and Bullwinkle II and a Bad Grandpa sequel are green-lit.

- On this day in history

- Lying liars who lie.

2 comments:

  1. DiNiro is a reasonably good actor, but pretty much an obnoxious, self-absorbed jerk. How dare he try to take away her $100k monthly Amex allowance? These Hollywood types take themselves a little too seriously, if you ask me.

    As far as the lying doctor.....does anyone besides blue check jornos even watch 60 minutes ? I can feel Tim Russert spinning in his grave every Sunday morning.

    I hadn’t been following you as I prefer visiting blogs via email notifications, but have Added Reader to my iPad and get you that way. I’m enjoying your efforts to post interesting content and while I had to pay Kurt $10,000 to get added to the list of 25, you clearly have earned your seat at that table 😊

    ReplyDelete