Monday, July 13, 2020

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Feds deny Minnesota aid request. If you take a crap in your own bed you shouldn't expect someone else to have to buy you a new mattress.

- Coronavirus: Why everyone was wrong. Very interesting points.

- Heh Heh

- Another example of why the Patriots are the Patriots.

- Nice appreciation of Marvin Hagler who I agree is the best middleweight of all-time.

- Under the radar but Iran seems to be suffering from an "epidemic of accidents" but strangely all the accidents seem to be place the Mossad would mark as targets.

5 comments:

  1. My father and saw Marvelous Marvin fight at the Boston Garden when he fought the Irish boxing champion, whose name escapes me. We had just about ringside seats, and I think they cost about $10.00 each!! The Irish kid lost, and as he passed by us, his face looked like he was in a car accident. Brutal stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was Kevin Finnegan, who is listed as English, so it must have been 1978 in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw him fight at the Worcester Centrum. I agree that you probably saw him fight Kevin Finnegan who must have been a good draw at the Garden because Hagler fought him twice there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While we are reminiscing, I heard a story about a fellow who tried to pick a fight with someone at a bar. That someone was Paul Pender, unbeknownst to the soon unconscious bar patron. Not sure of the veracity of that story, but Pender was a great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bar stories almost always involve middleweights (or lower weight class) against a big guy who is a bully. Love those stories.

    ReplyDelete